Cloud Integration Experts Menlo Technologies Energize Renesas
The Director of IT at Renesas Electronics America(REA) was facing his company’s relocation to Las Vegas when it hit him: it was time to move from his legacy system to the cloud and implement Dell Boomi.
The on-premises, legacy integration system that he managed required a tedious manual process of custom coding by an on-site expert, which was costly and unnecessarily complicated. With 27 racks of servers that had accumulated through years of mergers and acquisitions, he questioned the practicality of moving and managing a data center.
The Japan-based semiconductor manufacturer, the world’s largest manufacturer of microcontroller and the second largest manufacturer of application processors, needed significant guidance through the Dell Boomi AtomSphere implementation, and Menlo Technologies was more than happy to provide it. “They are out first and only partner,” said the Renasas IT department, “Their blended model of on-shore and off-shore support works well.”
Why Dell Boomi AtomSphere, REA?
- Renesas selected Dell Boomi’s iPaaS over other integration solutions because it was more elegant, easier to use, and secure. Having the ability to locate an Atom on premise made it easier to sell a cloud-based strategy to other areas of the organization.
- The Renesas implementation partner, Menlo Technologies has a Boomi Center of Excellence. They train a number of people internally so that they always have available Boomi-ready resources who are AtomSphere Integration Cloud™ Certified.
- Menlo has developed an in-house knowledge database, a proactive approach that helps improve their capabilities in the Boomi ecosystem and allows them to broaden the skills of their employees.
After the initial proof of concept, REA worked with Menlo to set up processes for Ultimate Software integration as the first phase during the facility migration. Since then, REA has been layering new integration as needed, including integration between Salesforce.com Chatter and Zendesk for support tickets.
Menlo Technologies continues to help REA migrate data from SAP to a local Database via AtomSphere, which involves master data management processes. According to Senior IT Manager Joseph Coleman, REA produces a source extraction that is posted to its FTP site—from there, AtomSphere picks it up and loads it into a SQL server data warehouse for reporting.
High Productivity Pays Off
Since REA’s move to the cloud, the company has:
- Eliminated the need for 2.5 internal resources to integrate using the custom legacy applications to one offshore resource.
- Reduced costs by about 89 percent compared to what they previously spent on maintenance, reporting, hardware and on-site support
- Experienced better service.
REA now boasts 57 process flows for ERP alone. They have the capability to quickly conduct a proof of concept. A major customer, for example, required serialized data from the SAP system. Without Boomi, this would have been a manual process, but with Boomi SEA built production processes, and was able to fully test and release to production in less than one month.
“Dell Boomi AtomSphere is one of the best tools we’ve seen, and Menlo’s been a great partner to help us.”
Organization: Renesas Electronics, America (REA)
Industry: Electronics Manufacturing
Country: United States
Systems Integration Partner: Menlo Technologies
Find a cost-effective replacement for a legacy on-premises integration solution.
Dell Boomi AtomSphere provided a cloud-based solution at a fraction of the cost of the company’s previous legacy system, and also helped REA increase agility.
- Dramatically lowered maintenance costs
- Reduced manual processes
- Increased agility for planning and development
- Accelerated time to value
- Lowered total cost of ownership